Navigate your way an hour and a half out of the city this weekend for a weekend of sunshine and cliff spotting at Cathedral Cliffs. Turn off from SH 1 just after Domett onto the tourist drive (clearly signposted) towards Gore Bay to discover sweeping views of the cathedral cliffs viewpoint before you enter Gore Bay.
spashxo (Ashleigh Macdonald)
10am till 3pm - Market Stalls Fete
- Kapa Haka Opening
- Decorated Business competition
- Plunket family fun day
- Hanging basket competition
- Fashion parade
- Floral display
- Historic trail launch
11am and 2pm - Guided walks in the domain with David Anderson
6.30pm - 'Through the era's Ball' - Cheviot Rugby Club
10am - Commemorative Tree Planting in the domain
11am - Combined Community Service at Knox Church
12pm - Brick paver 125 memorial unveiling, with finger food and cutting of the cake
1.30pm - Cheviot celebrates with song
In celebration to Maori Launguage Week the team at Sudima Hotel group set the bar for culture and diversity. Not only did they just win the 'Walk the Talk Award' at the Diversity Works NZ Awards in NZ but also getting behind a week of culture with some very special Maori culture dishes at their restaurant Acheron at Sudima, Christchurch Airport to decide between starting from Monday 10th September.
- Monday - Green lip Mussels in ginger-coconut cream and grilled artisan bread
- Tuesday - Kawakawa dusted kahawai, creamy riwai mash and citrus beurre blanc
- Wednesday - Inanga fritters with watakeri aioli and pear & beetroot salad.
- Thursday - Pork and Puha, traditional maori boiled up pork served with watercress and dough balls
- Friday - Horopito rubbed roasted chicken with roasted root vegetables and pan gravy
We think we have the best Afghan biscuits in Christchurch. We bake them almost daily so they super fresh and our customers love them. We would also like to promote the fact we are back in our main building after spending most of August in a marquee.
Discover a new pop of Asian flavours at SUPER with their signature plum wine and special fries finished with wasabi root mayo! Rediscover date night, enjoy the night lights and of course the beautiful tunnel drive over.
If you are like us and up for more than 5 adventures you can download Romer app to swipe hundreds of new adventure ideas throughout New Zealand and Australia.
From the team at Romer App