Easter weekend is nearly here and the team at Romer have hand selected the top 5 adventures to swipe right on with friends, family and especially the grandkids to celebrate Romers first Easter. From walks to Easter egg hunts we have Christchurch/Canterbury covered to create your Romer weekend an Easter hunt around the region.
5. Kennedy's Bush track is to re-open. The popular 1-hour walking track will re-open on Easter Sunday and a great way to burn off that one too many Easter eggs.
4. Quail Island Annual Easter egg hunt (Black cat cruises)
The annual Easter Egg hunt on Quail Island is back this Easter! Take the kids on an island adventure and all get rewarded with chocolate. This event sells out every year, so don’t delay - book today! Child $15 Adult $30
3. Buy some cheese for a picnic at Barrys Bay
Pick up some delicious Barrys Bay Havarti on your way to Akaroa and find a relaxing spot to enjoy the Autumn sunshine.
2. Join The Great New Zealand Easter Egg Hunt
Buy an Easter Egg Hunt Map Card for only $3, go to all the locations on the map and get your card stamped at each location. Then take your card to the collection point and you will receive your Easter Treat.
1. Specialty Easter chocolates
Easter goodies can be purchased in-store at The Tannery and The Colombo (closed Good Friday & Easter Sunday). They are open every day in Governors Bay... a good excuse to pop over the hill and enjoy a hot chocolate on the deck also!